2 November 2012

For her

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? – The Prophet, Kahlil Gibran

She was as radiant as the Sun itself. So beautiful, so elegant. Almost like a poet’s painting. Not almost, no. A poet’s painting. For when you stood in front of her, you just stood there, awed. I always did.

With didun, it felt like lilies, raindrops, chocolate cake – you know, those nice little things that just light up moments. Sunny Park visits meant happy conversations, lots and lots, AND LOTS of great food on the table, lots and lots of eating under didun’s supervision, and lots and lots of being loved.

I want her still to be a phone call away. I want her still to be treating us like grandmums treat grandkids – like grandkids. I want her still to call me and share her worries. I want her still to soothe me with her voice. I want to be selfish. I want her back, our didun.

Our didun. So rich in spirit. So divine. She was what I dream of becoming. What I can only dream of becoming.

But don’t worry didun, in a not-so-far-away time, we shall meet again, in another dream. And there, you can tell me the secret of becoming you. So long then.

[We lost didun on 25 October 2012. Another heartbreaking goodbye, another vaccum.]

No comments: